Friday, August 30, 2013

Green River Excerpt and Playlist



Title: GREEN RIVER (Shifter Series, #1)
Author: Elizabeth Loraine
Release Date: July 24, 2013

Genre: Young Adult Fantasy 
Aidan watched the girls cower on the bed as their father, in a drunken rage, beat on the bedroom door.

Drawn to the girls by some unknown power, he was irrevocably intertwined in their lives against both his tribe and his parents’ admonitions to “leave them to their own", but Aidan knew his mission was to safeguard Charlotte and Missy from the darkness that stalked them.

 In her new Shifter series, author Elizabeth Loraine draws you to the seamy underside of Seattle and to the lush forests of the Pacific Northwest as Characters Aidan, Charlotte and Missy explore their complex bond, the mysteries surrounding their separate cultures and a common enemy. 
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads 

 Excerpt:
He mumbled in his fitful sleep, finally waking with a jerk. Using his legs, he pushed himself back against the wooden headboard where he now sat, sweat dripping down his forehead, panting. His heart thundered as his eyes feverishly scanned the room, first passing and then whipping back to the large form silhouetted in the hall. In disbelief, he blinked rapidly trying to clear his vision. Afraid to move his eyes from the doorway, he reached out with his left hand, and groped the nightstand for his glasses. Growling now, the huge creature filled the entire doorway, and with an earsplitting roar, dipped his head to enter and stepped inside the small room.  The glasses, finally located and now clutched in his hand, slipped from his fingers and clattered to the floor. His body trembled as a terror-filled scream rose from his throat and filled the air.







Playlist: GREEN RIVER
Jake Owen – Alone with you
The Boxer – Simon and Garfunkel
Honey Bee – Blake Shelton
Tiny Dancer – Elton John
Paradise – Cold Play
3 am – Matchbox Twenty
One More Night – Maroon 5
Fire and Rain – James Taylor
Rumour has it – Adele
You’ll think of me – Keith Urban
Popular from Wicked
50 Ways to say Goodbye – Train
Blown Away – Carrie Underwood
Code Name Vivaldi – The Piano Guys
Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
Wanted – Hunter Hayes
Feel Again – One Republic
Paperback Writer – The Beatles
A Thousand Years – Christina Perry
February Song – Josh Groban
Everybody Hurts – REM
Sweet Child of Mine –Guns N’ Roses
American Woman – the Guess Who
I knew I Loved you – Savage Garden




I grew up in a small northern Minnesotan town married my high school sweetheart, had two beautiful children and as soon as we could we moved to a warmer climate. I have worked with my husband building and decorating custom homes for years.

After loving every kind of vampire book, movie and series since I was a child, I decided that I wanted to know more. I can write a book I thought, how hard can that be? Well....it wasn't as easy as I thought, but I stuck to it, and finished my first book Royal Blood Chronicles Book One in August 2009. I now have six books in the series and am about to release book two of my new series Phantom Lives.  

My parents always told me that I could do anything that I wanted, work hard, and do it right. I believe that, and live that every day.

I started writing this new vampire series for teens and their moms because I wanted something different to read. I was tired of all the modern versions of vampire books, there had to be more to these long lived beings. Where had they been, what had they seen? I wanted, no I NEEDED to know more, so Royal Blood Chronicles was born!  As in Royal Blood Chronicles, Phantom Lives features strong female characters and action and adventure mixed with romance, friendship and a historical backdrop. I hope you enjoy them.
WebsiteGoodreads /FACEBOOK / TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment