Sunday, May 26, 2013

Romance of Grace Book Review


The Romance of Grace
by Jim McNeely III


Book Description
What if God sees us the way a man sees a woman he is infatuated with, and His main question is not how to make us moral but rather how to get us to fall in love with Him? In The Romance of Grace, Jim McNeely explores Bible passages that tell us what God really wants for us and what His love means. This is the love of a God who chose to give His life for ours, even carefully retaining His scars into the throne room of heaven and telling us in His very body, "I have gone to great lengths and great costs to say that I forsook all comforts for the love of you." Join Jim in his exploration of life in God's unconditional, redeeming, amazing grace.

My Opinion
First of all I want to start off by saying that I don't consider myself religious but I do believe in God. What I loved the most about this book is that it was about God but not about any specific religion. This is a beautiful and inspiring book.I learned so much from it and agreed with a lot of what the author said. This book explains how God loves us and wants us to love him back but not by forcing us but because we choose to. I loved that the author kept making the point that grace is not about our love for God but God's love for us "In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1 John 4:10". Grace is God's love for us. Not because we deserve it but because he chooses to bless us. I was reminded that even though I am a sinner God loves me just the way I am and all I have to do is accept God's love and grace. I loved it and recommend this book to everyone!


There is a giveaway for a $10 Starbucks GC ends 6/7! Enter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment